A tasty recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to put on the table, start to finish.
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- 1/2 cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 – 3 Colavita Hot Chili Peppers, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For more recipes like this, visit Colavitarecipes.com
- In a bowl, whisk together the Colavita Olive Oil, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, scallions, honey, lime juice, chilis and chopped cilantro.
- Transfer half of this mixture to a shallow dish, reserving the other half in a covered container. Refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Add the steak to this dish and turn to coat it in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Grill the steak over high heat until medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steak to a board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain. Serve the steak with extra sauce and chopped peanuts if desired.
Recipe by Colavita