Espresso rubbed steak is of our favorite recipes! Prep a day ahead, chill overnight and you have a quick, simple and colorful lunch or dinner the next afternoon.
It’s perfect in an artisan roll or tossed with tomatoes and wrapped snugly in a tortilla. Pair with a delicious cabernet from Gibson Wine Company and enjoy!
espresso rubbed steak with horseradish cream sauce
espresso rub ingredients
Makes 2 1-1/2 pound steaks
- 1/4 cup finely ground coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients well and rub on steaks. Cover or place in zippy bag and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place steaks on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill and cook 4 to 6 minute each side depending on thickness and desired doneness. Cut steaks into slices and season to taste with salt.
horseradish cream sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2/3 cup, 5 ounces prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl whisk heavy cream until it starts to hold a line when you drag the whisk through it. Gently fold in crème fraîche or sour cream, horseradish, chives, and salt. Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.