The celebrity Chef Lineup includes Fabio Viviani, Rick Bayless, Nyesha Arrington, Jamika Pessoa, Melissa King, Elena Besser, and cast members from “America’s Test Kitchen”
Tickets are now available! Guests can purchase tickets for the premier epicurean event of the Midwest, which kicks off Thursday, October 21 and extends throughout the weekend with cooking demos, educational sessions, tastings, luncheons, evening soirées and live music entertainment. Guests will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from some of the country’s most innovative chefs, wine experts and restaurateurs.
The four-day extravaganza will feature demonstrations and tastings on the Culinary Stages with diverse culinary icons, including:
- Fabio Viviani – Chef and restaurateur best known for his television debut on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” during which he earned the Fan Favorite title. Viviani operates 16 celebrated concepts across the country, including Siena Tavern and Prime & Provisions in Chicago.
- Rick Bayless – Chef, philanthropist, winner of Bravo’s “Top Chef,” and host of “Mexico: One Plate at a Time.”Bayless’ Chicago restaurants Frontera Grill and Topolobampo have each received the “Outstanding Restaurant of the Year” designation from the James Beard Foundation.
- Nyesha Arrington – Chef and host of “Plateworthy” on Eater. Known from her days on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” Nyesha will join Gordon Ramsay on FOX’s new culinary competition show “Next Level Chef.” An LA native, she views cooking as a means to connect with cultures through food.
- Melissa King – Chef, advocate, entrepreneur, “Top Chef All Star” winner and “Top Chef” judge, Melissa is a proud Chinese-American chef known for her blend of California cuisine with Asian flavors. She is also the creator of King Sauce, a sauce and spice line, and teaches online virtual cooking classes.
- Jamika Pessoa – Classically trained Chef and TV Host, Jamika is known for bold flavors and a cooking style described as “Caribbean Heat meets Southern Sweet.” Currently, she’s a weekly contributor and co-host on Dr. Oz’s new series “The Dish on Oz” and owns her own catering business, Life of the Party Catering.
- Elena Besser – Trained Chef and TV Host, Elena is known for her ability to teach viewers how to make restaurant-quality food at home. She is the host of Food Network Kitchen’s new show “Breakfast with Besser” where she invites Hollywood’s hungriest stars into her kitchen and has a popular segment on “The Today Show” answering viewers’ kitchen conundrums live on air.
- “America’s Test Kitchen” – The top-rated cooking show on public television will be represented by cast members: Chief Executive Officer Jack Bishop, Executive Editorial Director and Cohost Bridget Lancaster and Executive Editorial Editor and Cohost Julia Collin Davison.
- The Bartolotta Group – The Bartolotta Restaurants is a nationally recognized restaurant and catering organization co-founded by restaurateur Joe Bartolotta and his brother, two-time James Beard Award-winning Chef Paul Bartolotta. Participating Bartolotta Restaurants include Harbor House, Bartolotta Lake Park Bistro, Ristorante Bartolotta dal 1993 and Mr. B’s – A Bartolotta Steakhouse.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience,” said Jenna Check, Associate Director of Special Events. “This year’s event was designed to be more intimate and experiential – guided by the pillars of authenticity, fun and community. It will create an exciting atmosphere for guests that is memorable and meaningful. In addition to our nationally recognized celebrity chef line-up to be showcased on the Culinary Stages, our partnership with The Bartolotta Restaurant Group will offer unique programming, and our skilled vineyard principals and owners will feature the ‘best in class’ in their wine and spirit portfolios to attendees,” she shared.
New wine and spirits experiences will round out this year’s culinarian event, including Kohler Food & Wine HUB and The Seeker: Your Passport to Wine. The HUB will offer a dedicated gathering area where all event attendees can connect with family and friends while taking in the creativity of Destination Kohler mixologists. The HUB will feature six unique craft cocktails; eventgoers can redeem their choice of four libations exclusively with the purchase of a wristband, available for purchase on-site. Wine loving guests can explore the grounds of Destination Kohler through The Seeker: Your Passport to Wine, a wine-guided tour unlike any other. Guests who purchase this add-on to their event tickets will enjoy the opportunity to sample four different offerings from The Seeker fine wines at four different locations with a final stop including a wine bottle to take home.
For more programming and ticket purchase, follow this link or visit KohlerFoodandWine.com Please note: At the time of this publication, the Feast Package is sold out. The Taste Package is still available.
Our plan is to host the 20th Anniversary of Kohler Food & Wine Experience with full attendance at Destination Kohler in Kohler, Wisconsin, this October 21-24. We continue to follow the guidance of public health authorities and are currently working on specific guidelines that may be required of attendees. New information and updates will continue to be shared accordingly.
TICKETS & HOTEL PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE
Destination Kohler – the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel – will serve as the stunning backdrop with reservations available for hotel packages. Luxury accommodation is available at The American Club (starting at $665 per person), The Carriage House (starting at $768 per person), and Inn on Woodlake (starting at $639 per person). The festival program schedule and tickets are now available at www.KohlerFoodandWine.com.
For more information about Destination Kohler’s offerings or reservations, please call 800-344-2838 or visit DestinationKohler.com. Stay up to date on resort news and happenings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.